Li Dewei (June 1, 1962 - September 14, 2018), male, from Macheng City, Hubei Province, professor and doctoral supervisor of School of Geosciences, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan). Li Dewei has been engaged in the study of the Qinghai Tibet plateau for nearly 30 years (up to 2013). He has published more than 110 academic papers and 3 academic monographs, and is responsible for more than 30 national scientific research projects. After many years of field investigation, in 1992, Li Dewei put forward the "laminar tectonic hypothesis" with basin mountain coupling and lower crustal flow as the core. He broke the "plate tectonic hypothesis" at one stroke and was the first person to challenge the "plate tectonic hypothesis". He explained various phenomena on the Qinghai Tibet Plateau completely with a very simple model and reasonable power source. From 2011 to 2012, Li Dewei participated in Xiangshan Science and Technology Conference twice as executive chairman, and won many honors, such as "cross century academic leader", "second prize of China Geological Survey Achievement Award", "special prize of national science and technology progress" and so on. The theory of earth system dynamics put forward by Li Dewei has become a hot topic in the international geosciences.
On September 14, 2018, he died of illness at the age of 56.
Life of the characters
From September 1978 to July 1982, he was a bachelor in geology, Wuhan Institute of geology. From September 1982 to July 1985, he was a master in fault structure;
From November 1992 to November 1994, associate professor, Department of geology, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan);
From November 1994 to now, Professor, School of Geosciences, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan);
From December 1994 to December 1997, he was the director of the structural teaching and research section of China University of Geosciences (Wuhan).
From September 1995 to 1999, Ph. D. candidate, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), deep structure direction;
He was a senior visiting scholar of Pennsylvania State University from December 1997 to December 1998.
In 1993, the third prize of scientific and technological achievements of the Ministry of Geology and mineral resources (first prize);
In 1993, he won the first prize of young geological science and technology in Hubei Province;
In 1995, he was one of the top ten outstanding young people in China University of Geosciences (Wuhan);
In 1995, he was one of the first batch of young academic leaders in China's Geological Universities.
On October 30, 2018, the Ministry of Education awarded Comrade Li Dewei the honorary title of "national excellent teacher".
Three master's degree students are supervised independently, two master's degree students are assisted, and several graduation theses of undergraduates and correspondence students are supervised.
The courses of structural geology, basic theory of structural geology and continental dynamics are taught to undergraduate and correspondence students.
Advanced structural geology, structural analysis, lithospheric rheology, continental dynamics, Frontiers of solid Earth Sciences and applied tectonics are taught to postgraduates.
Research Fund of the open research laboratory of lithospheric tectonics and dynamics, Ministry of Geology and mineral resources: comprehensive research on the tectonic evolution of the Mesozoic and Cenozoic Tethys in Qinghai Tibet (1994-1996), principal.
Special fund of the State Planning Commission: Research on prospecting and prediction of polymetallic deposits in Central Yunnan (1995-1997), project leader.
Fund of the open laboratory for quantitative prediction and exploration evaluation of mineral resources, Ministry of Geology and mineral resources: Research on metallogenic tectonic background of central Yunnan metallogenic belt, (1996), principal.
Central South Petroleum Geology Bureau of Xinxing Petroleum Corporation: Research on tectonic evolution and Mesozoic gas bearing oil basin in Qiangtang, Tibet, (1996-1999), principal.
Major basic research of the Ministry of Geology and mineral resources during the Ninth Five Year Plan Period: Study on the relationship between the tectonic magmatism, deep processes and the uplift of the Qinghai Tibet Plateau since the late Cretaceous in the Gangdise belt (1996-2000), participated in.
Director of the Sino US cooperation project "comparative study on uplift of the Tibetan Plateau and the Western orogenic belt of the United States" (1998-1999) between the National Bureau of experts and the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
1:250000 Regional Geological Survey of Lhaz and Dingjie sheets in Tibet (2000-2003) by China Geological Survey Bureau.
Publishing monographs and textbooks
1. Fu Zhaoren, Li Dewei, Li Xianfu, Wang Xianda, 1992, ore controlling structure analysis of metamorphic core complex and detachment fault, China University of Geosciences Press.
2. Li Dewei and Li Xianfu, 1993, exploration and practice of four-dimensional dynamic metallogenic theory: a case study of Luobusa chromite deposit in Tibet, China University of Geosciences Press.
(first author since 1992)
Li Dewei, 1992, asymmetric tectonic evolution of the Himalayan orogenic belt, geosciences, 17 (5): 539-545.
2. Li Dewei, 1992, lithospheric multilayer ductile shear system in southern Tibet, progress in Geosciences (edited by Yang Weiran), China University of Geosciences Press, 31.
4. Li Dewei, 1992, summary of characteristics of gold bearing shear zones, gold geology and technology, (3): 9-14.
5. Li Dewei, 1993, Hongzhen metamorphic core complex and its metallogenic significance, tectonics and metallogeny, 17 (3): 211-220.
6. Li Dewei, 1993, metallogenic dynamics, geoscience, 18 (4): 407-413.
7. Li Dewei, 1993, classification and metallogenic mechanism of gold bearing shear zone, deposit geology, 12 (2): 148-155.
8. Li Dewei, 1993, preliminary study on Continental structural styles and continental dynamic models, progress in Geosciences, 8 (5): 88-93.
9. Li Dewei, 1993, research trends of ore controlling and metallogenic structures, geological and scientific information, 12 (2): 9-14.
10. Li Dewei, 1993, problems, directions and trends in the study of ore field structures in China, geology of China, (3): 27-29.
11. Li Dewei, 1993, some basic rules of tectonic mineralization, mineral resources and geology, 7 (4): 267-272.
12. Li Dewei, 1993, Yueshan detachment fault in Anhui Province and its control on mineralization, nonferrous metal mineral resources and exploration, 2 (5): 271-276.
13. Li Dewei, 1993, dynamic metallogenic mechanism of shear zone type gold deposits, gold, 14 (10): 1-5.
14. Li Dewei, 1993, dislocation structure and upper mantle rheology of olivine in the Yarlung Zangbo ophiolite, modern geology, 7 (4) 428-434.
15. Li Dewei, 1993, structural characteristics and deformation zoning of the Yarlung Zangbo River ophiolite belt, geological exploration, (8) 25-30.
16. Li Dewei, 1994, discovery of mantle type ductile shear zone in the Yarlung Zangbo ophiolite and its significance, geosciences, 19 (4): 454-460.
17. Li Dewei, 1994, ore controlling and metallogenic analysis of detachment faults in polymetallic deposits in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River, extensional structure research (edited by Qian Xianglin), Geological Press, 134-142.
18. Li Dewei, 1994, the law and dynamic metallogenic model of PODIFORM chromite in Luobusa, Tibet, geological prospecting theory, 9 (2): 41-51.
19. Li Dewei, 1994, analysis of metallogenic conditions and prospecting prospects in southern Tibet, Journal of Guilin Zhijin geological college, 14 (2): 131-138.
20. Li Dewei, 1994, new progress in the study of tectono dynamic mineralization, geoscience front, 1 (4): 184-190.
21. Li Dewei, 1994, the control of slate belt on gold deposits in the southeastern margin of Yangtze block, precious metal geology, 3 (2): 90-95.
22. Li Dewei, 1994, some important problems in the study of continental tectonics, geology of China, (9): 22-24.
24. Li Dewei, 1994, evolution outline of the Tethys tectonic domain in Qinghai Tibet since the end of Paleozoic, annual report of lithospheric tectonics and dynamics research experiment, Ministry of Geology and mineral resources, 1994, Seismological Press, 160-162.
25. Li Dewei, 1995, thinking about continental tectonics, Earth Sciences, 20 (1); 10-18.
26. Li Dewei, 1996, continental tectonics, China reform, economic daily press, 203-206.
27. Li Dewei, 1995, on continental tectonics and dynamics, geosciences, 20 (1): 19-26.
28. Li Dewei, 1995, some important directions in the study of continental tectonics and dynamics, geoscience front, 2 (2): 141-146.
29. Li Dewei, 1995, characteristics and genesis of lens network in Luobusa ophiolite, Tibet, regional geology of China, (1)
Chinese PinYin : Li De Wei
Pan Hongbin. Pan Hong Bin
Chai Shuntian. Chai Shun Tian
Zhang Baizhou. Zhang Bai Zhou
Dai chaohang. Dai Chao Hang
Hu Chuxi. Hu Chu Xi
Myrica rubra. Yang Mei
Xiao Jin. Xiao Jin
Gaobo. Gao Bo
Huang Jiaqiang. Huang Jia Qiang
Lu Chuan. Lu Chuan
Li Hai. Li Hai
Zhao Yamin. Zhao Ya Min